Filtering a Data Base

TWK

I am working on a Schedule and I have a data base with a list of Names and another column with the weekends a person works for example ETW= every third weekend,EOW etc. I would like to transfer Names to another sheet so I would know under a specified date what people are scheduled that weekend.
I have played with advanced filtering but have not figured out a way to use multiple filters. Since on one specified weekend I may have all the ETW's working and on another weekend I may have all the EOW's working. Is there a way to do this. Or better yet what's the best/easiest way to do this? There would problably be about 4-6 different criteria for each weekend.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Upvote 0
Hi Tamer,Nice to meet you also.
Unfortunately from my computer at work I am pretty limited as to what I can download from the net.
I can try to show you like this: Basically I would like it to recognize when I tell it on 2/20 all EOWA,ETW and ETWB are working that it would put all the names down that corrospond to those weekend rotations under that date.

Name l Weekend
Davis EOWA
Smith ETW
Jones Sundays
Allen EOWB
New Sheet
2/20/05 l 2/26/05 l 2/27/05 l 3/5/05 l 3/6/05
Davis Allen Davis johnson
jones Smith Smith krause

Upvote 0
Sorry it looked much better before I posted it.

The New Sheets names should be under each date. Each date would be a seperate column.

My intent is to be able to track what weekends people are working and to be able to make changes on the master data base that will be reflected on the other sheet. For example if someone was working every other weekend and then changed to Every third weekend, I could change this on the master and the other sheet would automatically update.

Thank You in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back