Filtering automatically

MichelleGC

I need to set up a workbook to record and monitor multiple tasks. These tasks are carried out by different teams and not all data is relevant to each process, as such we want separate work sheets for each process. The complication, and the part I'm not sure how to tackle, is that not all records will progress at each stage. The purpose is to track properties which may become lettings. For example we may have 20 enquiries from landlords, 15 of which progress to being an available property but only 10 of which result in successful lettings. What I'd like is for only the relevant records to be carried forward to the next worksheet, or at least for only the relevant records to display.

Having formulas to duplicate the relevant information over will work fine and then in principle a filter can show only the relevant records, however I would like for this to be automated so that everytime a new record is progressed to the relevant stage it will automatically display in the necessary worksheet without the need to clear and reset the filter.

Any ideas on a simple way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back