admirbabovic

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a project for uni that I have to do but these 2 problems are standing in my way.

• I have a picture of what the table should look like after it's been filtered
admir-001831.png

Here you can see that I need to have 2 tables side-by-side. Left table is sorting data based on value from it's furthest right column "Cijena lijeka u KM sa PDV-om" from highest to lowest. That's no problem I did that easily. But when I try to do the right one I always end up with same problem.

• Right one should be filtering data so that it shows only values greater than 4 (based on it's furthest right column "Cijena lijeka u KM sa PDV-om"). Here is the problem I encounter when I apple the filter
admir-001830.png

Rows 4 and 5 were merged together in each column separately but when I apply the filter only row 4 is showing and even it's own height is smaller. Second problem is that now both of my tables are filtering data "greater than 4" when only my right one should be filtering and my left one should be left intact only sorting from highest to lowest.

If anybody knows what is causing this, me or excel, I would greatly appreciate any suggestion.

**Second this -problem- is more of a question. Is it possible to filter data from Sheet1 and automatically copy filtered data -table- on Sheet2?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
Firstly I would strongly recommend against using merged cells, they are an abomination & should be avoided like the plague.
When using the Autofilter the entire row is hidden & there is no way to change that, so if you only want one section filtered you will have to move one of the tables.

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
Firstly I would strongly recommend against using merged cells, they are an abomination & should be avoided like the plague.
When using the Autofilter the entire row is hidden & there is no way to change that, so if you only want one section filtered you will have to move one of the tables.
Hi, Thank you for this answer, but the problem is that I MUST use this because that's the assignment for Uni. If I could I would totally move the right table under the first one but I have to do just like it's showed in first screenshot.
I have to have merged cells where it's showed in pdf file we got, I need to have colors accurate, I need to have font, size, border, literally everything needs to be the same.
I don't know if it's my professors mistake. He also could have moved second table under the first one and then combine 2 screenshots into one, but it's not written anywhere. So now, I am left with unclear instructions and something that is arguable not doable in excel...

Upvote 0
In that case I suggest you have a word with your professor to get some more clarification.

Upvote 0
In that case I suggest you have a word with your professor to get some more clarification.
This was my last option, I thought I'd try here before. Thank you anyway. I'll send an email to my professor asap.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/excel-forum/excel/filtering-data-causing-formatting-issues
and Filtering data causing formatting issues
and also Filtering data causing formatting issues

If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back