filtering names into a summary sheet

rayjan

Hi guys, I have the attached billing template. Now, I need to make a summary sheet for it. This summary sheet would have a name filter. For example, if I filter "Joe's" name, it would show data for Joe from all other worksheets.

Can you please help me with this?

By the way, I can't post the file here. I can email it to you if need be. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
You need to give us specific details about your sheets layout sheet names etc. etc. Asking for us to communicate through email or private message is not the way we do things on this forum.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html. Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Another option is to upload to a file sharing site like "dropbox" and provide a link. Just note that may limit your pool of potential helpers as many people are unable or unwilling to download files from the internet for security reasons.

Note that I removed your email address from your previous post. You NEVER want to post your email address on a public internet forum like that. Spambots routinely prowl internet forums looking for email addresses to harvest and Spam. If you ever have need to share an email address with someone, you will want to do that directly with them through a Private Message.

Thanks

Upvote 0
You need to give us specific details about your sheets layout sheet names etc. etc. Asking for us to communicate through email or private message is not the way we do things on this forum.
I would attach the file but there is no upload mechanism here.

Upvote 0
I would attach the file but there is no upload mechanism here.
Please read my reply. I offered alternatives.

Upvote 0
I'm one of those type. Even if you loaded the worksheet to this forum I never click on links on this forum. Your question sounds fairly simple so I would think it's best to explain in words what you have and what you want. Be sure and give specific details.

Do not say I have a sheet.
Say: I have a sheet named "George"

Do not say I have a column named "Data"
Say: I have column (3) or Column "C")

For example say:

I have a sheet named "Bob" and I want all the data in sheet named "Bob" column "C" copied into Sheet named "Summary" column "A"

See those are specific details.

Upvote 0
I'm one of those type. Even if you loaded the worksheet to this forum I never click on links on this forum. Your question sounds fairly simple so I would think it's best to explain in words what you have and what you want. Be sure and give specific details.

Do not say I have a sheet.
Say: I have a sheet named "George"

Do not say I have a column named "Data"
Say: I have column (3) or Column "C")

For example say:

I have a sheet named "Bob" and I want all the data in sheet named "Bob" column "C" copied into Sheet named "Summary" column "A"

See those are specific details.

Okay, so I have a sheet called impound and then I have a sheet called TC and finally my summary sheet.
Now, I need to get data from column G and then transfer it into column G in the summary sheet. Now, in column G of summary sheet, I have a filter. This filter would filter employee names. if I filter Joe's name, it must pull all data from Impound and TC with regards to Joe and display it on summary sheet.

So, my biggest hurdle right now is I can't filter other worksheets while I am in summary worksheet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
OK. I'm trying to be nice. But it would be better to tell me what you want and not how to do it.

See your saying you want to take data from one sheet put it into another sheet to do a filter and then copy the data to another sheet.

This is not the way to do things:

Are you saying you want to copy all the rows in sheet named "impound"
If a certain name like "Joe" is in column "G" of sheet named "impound"
And paste these rows into a sheet named "Summary" ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back