filtering records based on fill colors possible?

wavemehello

Board Regular
hi there,
my worksheet contains staffnames and training completed/not completed which are indicated by different fill colors. If required, can I filter records based on the fill colors? If yes, how?

Thank you
Aj

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Filter color cells

Wavemehello,

I think you have to "Fill color" red not "Font color" in column C then it will work.

Bogia

Upvote 0
Color index are 3 and 4, using 2 colors red and green only, the codes are the same one posted here by jindon, but when I click the command buttons for red or green, nothing happens. I am using fill color ofcourse and it is in C column of sheet 1.

Upvote 0
Hide rows in Red fill color

wavemehello,

It worked for me when I highlighted the cells in column C (Fill color Red). All rows with red fill color in column "C" are hidden as Jindon's code for.

Try again.

Bogia

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I have finally decided to use Anthony's suggestion to use the legends and filter through colour value, rather than pursuing this complicated VB coding process but thank you all for providing such a kind help!

Goodbye

Upvote 0
hmmm. I could not believe that macro could not handle this situation. sometimes a simple problem becomes complicated and difficult to solve as long as you did not found/define the real rootcause.

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I have finally decided to use Anthony's suggestion to use the legends and filter through colour value, rather than pursuing this complicated VB coding process but thank you all for providing such a kind help!

Goodbye

Yeah, it is always better to solve without vba if you don't understand it...
But how did you manage it from the userform w/o vba?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back