Filtering Top 20 by Value with Criteria

bwheat76

Platform
  1. Windows
Since I am currently working on this project at work, I cannot post the data on this forum but I will try my best to explain the problem.

I am looking to pull the top 20 dollar amounts from a range, based on an additional criterion. For example, one field contains either of two possible variables: "Include" and "Exclude". I am looking to pull in the top 20 dollar amounts that are listed as "Include." I have tried using the { = LARGE(IF(... } method as referenced on other threads (large(if method source), however this returns an "N/A" error. I am thinking of using a MAXIFS formula to 1) return the next highest value from the value already calculated one row above, and 2) reference only those entries that contain an "include" variable.

This is what I have so far... = MAXIFS(dollar_amount, region, "include", dollar_amount, "<G7") ** where G7 is the cell above the cell I am calculating. This returns a value of 0 for all results.

Any idea how I can rework my formula or develop a new formula to draw the top dollar amounts using this criteria without using the LARGE(IF( method?

Thanks!!!

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.

What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Your formula should be
Excel Formula:
= MAXIFS(dollar_amount, region, "include", dollar_amount, "<"&G7)

Upvote 0
Solution
Wow, thank you for the rapid response. That worked perfectly. I'll update my account now, but I am using Version 2108.

I can see why you have earned the "MrExcel MVP" title!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back