Filtering Unique Values

ShaunD30

Board Regular
I am having a challenge with the data that is given to me..We have a system where 1 customer can have more than 1 sales consultant. Sometimes it is due to error..sometimes it is legit.

The problem I have is when I am reporting on the customers, I have to filter out the duplicates. The quick way is to simply do an advanced filter on unique values only. The problem with that is that the system automatically picks which account to filter out.

What can I do to get the filter to post all of the duplicates into 1 sheet so I can go through and view each sales consultant, and remove the account that does not apply?

Thank you,

Shaun

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
your requiement is not clear. why not sort according to customer so that all the consultants for each customer is in series.

another way is to auto-filter according to each customer and paste the filtered items in another sheet with customers name. if the number of customers are too many you can create a macro.

Upvote 0
Sorry. I can sort according to customer but not every customer has a duplicate entry and their are over 30k customers.

The auto filter sounds best..but I only know how to paste the unique customer numbers..How do you get it to paste all the duplicates so that I can scroll through and try and figure out which sales rep belongs and which doesn't?

Upvote 0
I think you are talking about ADVANCE FILTER (unique items you mention) but I am talking about AUTOFILTER. . when you do autofilter according to one name that particular name will all the sales consultants will come up. You can highlight the filtered items and copy paste in another sheet. . the data should have column headings. see help under AUTOFITER.

Upvote 0
Oh ..I thought maybe there was a way with the advanced...

Auto filter would normally work but not with the amount of customers I am dealing with :/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postman24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back