Find a specific word and use that to find a corresponding note from a different Tab for an email body

troyh68

This is kind of confusing so I will try to explain this the best I can. We have a Quality team that has a number of inspections that they must do daily. At the end of the day they need to be able to send an email with all of the issues they found and have tracked on a spreadsheet. The email portion I have all done. It is the pulling together of the issues that I am having issues with.
This is done Daily in a spreadsheet that has a number of other things going on in it. In the spreadsheet that they use the dates are running across in row 2. We have a 1st Shift and a 3rd Shift that is also part of this. (My thoughts on the different shifts were to have two different buttons to run this. One for each shift.) If any of the 7 points that the QA team find to be True there is a row for a choice of Yes or No. The Yes is what I am after. The Yes corresponds with a specific Question and the Question and the Date are both entered with the explanation on the Comments Page. I need to find the Comment that matches the Issue and past them into the body of an email. I have no idea where to even start with this. I have tried to piece this together with FIND Function which I got to work sort of but could not figure out how to get that to loop because there is a chance that there could be more than 1 Yes per shift.

Attachments

• Shift Report.png
    Shift Report.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Comments Page.png
    Comments Page.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bogus_Potatoes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back