Find a string & replace contents in a cell in the same row

TerrSan

Hi,

this is probably too advanced for me so i need as much help as i can get. i have a table that records transactions. each transaction has a unique ID string (letters & numbers). the table also shows specific terms of the transaction, say "rate" and "time". i need a macro or something else suitable (it will be assigned to a form control button) that looks for a specific transaction in the table (based on ID no.) then amends the "rate" and "time" in the terms (which will be in the same row). I have no idea where to start as i am only familiar with very basic VBA.

Help is greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
of course

in transactions table the columns to look at are "ID No.", "Rate" and "Time". "ID No." is general format, rate and time are number format. so we search for a row in the transactions table based on ID No. then we must replace the values in Rate and Time with specified values (from a cell or from a dialogue box depending on the program).

when i find more time, I will get the MrExcel HTML maker and try to post some samples.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back