Find a value in Row 1 to find multiple criteria value in corresponding columns.

scrapiron0728

Hello Everyone... I'm not sure this can be done without VBA, but utilizing formulas only (CSE or not), I've attached a test spreadsheet. I'm trying to find an index/match formula or a combination of this and other lookup sources to be able to find the specific title in the top row, and then based on that title find a subsequent date corresponding to that title that also lines up with a specific location in the columns below it. Please see referenced test sheet.

Please refer to AA3:AB5, as these are the search parameters. By looking for "Title 2" (AB3), the formula would find the column of "Title 2", then it would look down that resulting column to find a date that is equal to or later than "2/21/2022" (AB5), but that also lines up to the column to the right that matches "Main 3" (AB4). In the example sheet provided the answer to the formula would be "3/8/2022". The formula would find the column for "Title 2" (F1:I1 or F1), then look at dates equal to or later than "2/21/2022" in that resulting column (starting at cell F14 and looking at later dates) until it matched up with "Main 3" in column G, and return the date that it lined up with. In this case 3/8/2022 from cell F29.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope it is able to be complied. I have tried array index and match formulas and non-array formulas but only get errors.

Thank you...
Test Page.png

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeCricketId

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back