Find and Replace via Userform

robertmwaring2

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Thank you to all that have helped me along my journey of learning VBA thus far.
I'm not entirely sure that what I'm wanting to accomplish is possible, but it's been my experience that when it comes to Excel, if you can think of it, it can be done - that said, being VERY new at this, I can't find out how.
I am trying to find a specific text ("Meat") within a column ("A") on one worksheet ("Production Sheet"), and have a useform ("UFChooseMeat") pop up IF it exists and ask for the replacement text. I have the form created, with a combobox and an OK button. I have code to find the text on the one specific worksheet but my problems are that I do not know how to call on the userform if the text is found, how to replace that text with what is selected in the userform once I click "OK", and then look for the next instance, calling on the userform again to make a selection and so on until all of the texts have been replaced (The text ("Meat") does not all get replaced with the same word) The worksheet with the text isn't the active worksheet within the workbook, and is populated via formulas once a button from another userform is clicked (if that matters)
Example, I am on welcome page, click button to open userform, make selections, click button to submit info back to the workbook across many worksheets, another userform pops up asking if I want to print and go again, or print and close. But before I can print, I need to replace each separate instance of the word "Meat" with whatever choice is made.
Again, just don't know how to combine it all. And at this point, I'm so frazzled trying to keep staright everything I've learned, I'm scared I'm gonna mess up the work I've done thus far, lol. (I know to save and make copies - Im on copy 14 now :LOL:)
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Important: In the file, explain step by step what you intend, explain an example using the data of the sheets themselves.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back