Av8tordude

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
this code to search with in range and update the information. I have only 1 item in the range and it says there is nothing? Can someone assist to correct this problem.

Thank you

Code:
        SearchString = ListBox1.Column(1, ListBox1.ListIndex)        Set SearchRange = Range("T18:T" & LRow).Find(SearchString, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)

EE = True
        If Not SearchRange Is Nothing Then
            SearchRange.Offset(0, -1).Value = Format(tbDate, "mm/dd/yyyy")
            SearchRange.Offset(0, 0).Value = lbTID
            SearchRange.Offset(0, 1).Value = CDbl(Amnt)
        End If

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
hi,
as far as I can see, nothing wrong with your code but wonder if you are returning the correct value from your listbox to your search variable

Rich (BB code):
SearchString = ListBox1.Column(1, ListBox1.ListIndex)

If the value you want to search for in your listbox is in the FIRST column you see, then the column number shown in red should be 0 (zero)

Dave

Upvote 0
I have a worksheet with data on it. It works just fine, however starting with a fresh sheet, I get the error. To answer your question, I only have 3 columns in the listbox. However, when i replace that part of the code with the actual text, still get an error.

Upvote 0
I have a worksheet with data on it. It works just fine, however starting with a fresh sheet, I get the error. To answer your question, I only have 3 columns in the listbox. However, when i replace that part of the code with the actual text, still get an error.

I should have also stated that your search range is unqualified - the sheet you are seraching will need to be the active sheet - if this is not possible then qualify the range to the required sheet

If still having issues, then place copy of your workbook with sample data in dropbox - I or others here may be able to resolve.

Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back