Find Match Copy Paste to extend dataset

RingoSimpkins

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello, I wonder if someone can help me out. I am pulling in CSVs from data sources, straightforward enough, however I need to merge them in to one table, this has not been a problem in other projects as the rows have consecutively matched, so it has simply been a case of copying column a b c etc from one sheet and pasting it to column e, f, g etc in the other sheet to extend the data

However, the thing I am working on now is not so straightforward, I have included a few screenshots of a simplified example of what I am trying to achieve to try and illustrate better, the PullOneTab, the PullTwoTab and an example of what I am trying to obtain after the merge. I am not an expert with Excel VBA and as such I am a bit stumped, I’ve tried working through online examples of similar questions, but without much success. Anyway, here is the actual thing I wish to do:

I have two sheets, PullOne and PullTwo, I want to add data to rows in PullOne from PullTwo where the username in both sheets is the same. In some cases a username may not be in PullTwo as they have not had any data recorded for the aspect of the dataset so I cannot simply order by username copy and paste stuff from PullTwo to PullOne, hence needing to match by username.

As I am trying to learn, if someone does respond would it be possible to put comments in so I can understand what is going on, rather than just a solution ? I hope that does not sound like ‘asking too much’ but I really want to extend my knowledge rather than just use something I have no idea what or why it’s doing what it does.

Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated

Attachments

• PullOne.png
    PullOne.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 5
  • PullTwo.png
    PullTwo.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 6
  • EndResult.png
    EndResult.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Ooops, SORRY, ignore the EndResult image in the initial question, this would be the correct end result, my bad for not mocking it up properly, I had pasted a random list of IDs in CentID, and forgot to clear them from users who would have no data from PullTwo

Attachments

• EndResultCorrect.png
    EndResultCorrect.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back