Find Mileage between two Cities

DDBK

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Excel User Friends,

I would like to calculate the distance between two cities by putting the name of a City, State in Columns A and a different City, State in Column B.
I would like for Columns C to tell me the time it takes to drive between the two cities. Can someone please tell me a way to do this?

Thank you SO much!

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Welcome to the forum.

One way to do this is to use the latitudes and longitudes of the cities. If those two things are known, in Excel we can use some trigonometry to reckon the distances.

I have dealt with this before. Try post #3 in this link in this forum to see if it suits your purposes.

Upvote 0
Solution
Welcome to the forum.

One way to do this is to use the latitudes and longitudes of the cities. If those two things are known, in Excel we can use some trigonometry to reckon the distances.

I have dealt with this before. Try post #3 in this link in this forum to see if it suits your purposes.
Thank you very much for your reply. I will see if I can figure that out. I was actually able to get the latitude and longitude of each city. I just didn’t know what to do with it after that. I do appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back