Find MIN Value and Recalculate Costs - VERY LARGE SPREADSHEET with Multiple Customers

Maureen5433

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am a little desperate as I need to have this done by tomorrow noontime. I have a spreadsheet with about 80,000 line items and I need to find some values and recalculate costs. Back story is that it is possible that a vendor increased our pricing without our knowledge. In order to get an estimate of the economic impact this may have had, I need to find the MIN value for each customer for each item. I know this is confusing so I have posted a sample that I hope helps. The issue is that this spreadsheet is quite large so I need to automate this process. In my example, the thick borders separate out my data. For each group, I need to find the minimum value in Col J (billed cost) and then use that minimum value to recalculate what we believe we should have been charged by taking the Ship Qty (Col H) * the lowest cost we were charged for the item for that customer.

I am sorry if I am not explaining correctly. Hoping my example helps.

Thank you so much for reading and for any ideas. Maybe I am overcomplicating this a bit but I am just not coming up with a way that handles all the little issues.

I appreciate any and all help.

Thank you!
M

example2.jpg

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
DISREGARD

I have solved my problem.

I was thinking too hard.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back