Find Missing Days when service was active only part of the year

Dzip

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I need help calculating a compliance % - I have 3 tables Sites, FSM, Days of year. Sites is a simple list of sites and the date the service was live from, Days of Year is just 365 calendar days. FSM are the reports submitted using MS forms. Site table is related to FSM through "Site Name" and Days of year is linked to FSM via the date of completion (on FSM Table).

I can produce a table like the below which works fine, the days in period adjusts with an excel timeline. The issue comes when the site has only been active part of the year e.g it went live in December. In this case it shows as non compliant when tested against a 365 days (having been active for only 31). I need a way to allow the days in period to account for the timeline in excel but also consider that a service may be active for only a proportion of that time. The Sites Table does contain a "Live Date" column. Any help really appreciated.
SiteNo of Reports.Days in PeriodCompliance %
Site 1365365100
Site 23636510%

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi Dzip,

This seems to rely on the Days in Period calculation. You'll need to specify the period, then MAX of start of the period and Live Date. If it may be the current period (i.e. a YTD report) then you'll use the MIN of TODAY() or last day of period.

Upvote 0
Hi Dzip,

This seems to rely on the Days in Period calculation. You'll need to specify the period, then MAX of start of the period and Live Date. If it may be the current period (i.e. a YTD report) then you'll use the MIN of TODAY() or last day of period.
Thanks for your reply, how would I reference an excel timeline as the start of period and the live date within the MAX()? The idea is that the period would very based on the timeline.

Kind Regards

Upvote 0
Maybe something like this:

DZip.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJ
1SiteNo of Reports.Days in PeriodCompliance %Report PeriodSitesLive Date
2Site 136536699.73%2020Site 101-Jan-20
3Site 23631116.13%Site 201-Dec-20
4Site 33300.00%Site 304-Apr-21
5Site 43300.00%Site 7701-Jan-19
6Site 77366366100.00%Site 886/1/2020
7Site 88214214100.00%
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:C7C2=IFERROR(MAX(0,(MIN(TODAY(),DATE($G$2,12,31)))-(MAX(DATE($G$2,1,1),INDEX($J$2:$J$9999,MATCH(A2,$I$2:$I$9999,0))))+1),0)
D2:D7D2=IF(C2>0,B2/C2,0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back