find multiple sets of consecutive numbers in a single cell

richardsmith1982

Hi all,
I've tried searching lots of places for help on this, but cannot find what I need....

I've been given the most unhelpful file and need to try to decipher it to create useful reports.
I have lots of data in a single cell, and lots of other cells on the same row contain a similar story.
I think my aim is to make a new sheet and use this main page as an overview, with the contents of each cell having their own sheet.

I'm looking for a way to find the first instance of a number and display all consecutive numbers; a way to find the second instance of a number and display all consecutive numbers, etc. I have seen how to find the nth value, but I need all consecutive numbers to count as one instance. Some of the consecutive numbers are single digits, others are five digits.
I think at this point I may even take just using a newline as a cell break (copy and paste but the paste puts the single cell in to five according to the number of linebreaks)

Here is the contents of a single cell:

MAILCHIMP: 502 subscribersGOOGLE DOCS: 502 plus those who have unsubscribed but havent't yet been removed from google doc.
**Source of google doc info: webiste enquiries
BRUSHFIRE: 22
EMAIL:200-250 all data from formstack, email enquiries. All info still on work laptop. All sitting in a follow up folder on lap top.
FORMSTACK: 150

Has anyone experienced this before (and held back from throwing their boss out the window)?
Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back