Find multiple values in different rows

FilleFrella44

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am having issues retreving data based on the attatched image. I want to be able to see every value for "Serier" per "Ver". See example Output 1 and output 2 what I am aiming to recreate. Not sure if Excel has the capabilities to retrive information in that way since the cell next to it is empty.

The real-life use case is that I have ver-numbers in a column connected to some other data, and I want to know what all of the series numbers are per that ver-number in another document. Unfortunately cells are blank next to it, and I am unable to retrive the data in any way I know of. Further complications is that I would prefere output-2, but I am unsure how I would be able to move cells around using formulas. Perhaps this is solvable with a macro?

Somnething like this (not VBA code, but the functionallity)?
If (cell = ver, or if cell = blank after ver)
Retrive Serier-value
Go to next ver

1669380045569.png

1669380272362.png

1669380280761.png

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Pase to cell A2:
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($D$1:$D$13,SMALL(IF($D$1:$D$13>0,ROW($D$1:$D$13)),ROWS($D$1:$D1))),"")
Paste to cell B2:
Excel Formula:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",1,OFFSET(INDEX($E$2:$E$13,MATCH($A2,$D$2:$D$13,0)),0,0,IFERROR(MATCH($A3,$D$2:$D$13,0),COUNTA($E$2:$E$13)+1)-MATCH($A2,$D$2:$D$13,0),1))

Upvote 0
Hello, it worked exactly as intended! Had to mix and match a bit to get it to use the areas I had in my other document but the logic was exactly what I was looking for.

Upvote 0
Oh yes you are right. These INDEXes should start from second row:
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($D$2:$D$13,SMALL(IF($D$2:$D$13>0,ROW($D$1:$D$12)),ROWS($D$1:$D1))),"")
Or
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($D$1:$D$13,SMALL(IF($D$1:$D$13>0,ROW($D$1:$D$13)),ROWS($D$1:$D2))),"")

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back