Find names in one sheet (cells A2:A33) from 12 different sheets and add the total (column are not adjacent) that is in another column to another sheet

Devianey26

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an excel book with 13 sheets. The first 12 sheets are months (Jan-Dec) and the final sheet is The "Total Sheet" where I add the totals of each name from each sheet. So,

If I have the name, John Doe, in column A3 of sheet "Jan" and again in column A20 of sheet "Mar", I want to "sum" their totals located in column D3 of sheet "Jan" and D20 of sheet "Mar" (because these are the cells where the name appeared within the respective sheets) and add the total of each occurrence into column B2 of the "Total Sheet". I also want to copy the name to column A2 of the "Total Sheet", the first time the name is located. In the "total Sheet" I only want the name once, I don't want the name duplicated.

I can do this with VBA but because I need to use this Book in "Microsoft Teams" I can't use micros. So I want to know if I can do this with an Excel formula.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back