Find only formula result which has updated

neb255

Board Regular
Hi,

i am using office 2007 and i need some help with automating a spreadsheet.

my spreadsheet has 2 tabs "Active" and "RegData"

"RegData" is a list of numbers which is updated daily (the previous days data is not stored)

"Active" tracks which numbers are on the RegData tab and then updates a status column via the following formula:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($M81,RegData!$A:$B,2,FALSE)),"DEGRADED","OPERATIONAL")

i need to be able to quickly find only the numbers which have changed status from Degraded to Operational or visa-versa, and update a 3rd column with todays date if the status changed and if not then i need to leave the date currently in the column. (if we cant change the date like that then highlighting the status which changed is also good).

i would prefer if possible to do this w/o a marco since this is sent to a distribution list and i dont know if they will be able to open a macro enabled spreadsheet. i am a beginner in VBA so if there is no other way then ill take the macro and just save the results.

i appreciate your help :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Here is one approach without use of macros.

Let's assume the formula =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($M81,RegData!$A:$B,2,FALSE)),"DEGRADED","OPERATIONAL") is in column A in "active" tab.

At the start of each day, before the "RegData" tab is updated with the current day's values, copy & paste-special the previous day's statuses in "active" tab in a new column, say column B. After the "RegData" tab is updated, column A shows current day status, column B shows previous day status and you can put a formula in column C to show which numbers changed status.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back