Find out expiration date based on counters and dates

Ulisses_Carso

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone, I've been trying to make a formula here for a few days, but so far without success.

I have a spreadsheet with different contracts, dates and codes,

These contracts have a counter determined by the codes of one of the columns, when a certain code appears the counter adds "+1", that counter in turn has its validity determined by the column of dates, being 30 days.
When the codes pass 30 days, the counter decreases.

I am trying to find a way to determine when the accountant will expire, that is, when the contract will "disappear" from my spreadsheet.

Therefore, I need to create a column showing the contract counter and another column with the (future) date on which they expire.

So far I have failed miserably to achieve any results and my deadline is expiring, so I am asking the community to help me with this problem.

I did not find here a place to attach an example file, if there is a possibility tell me where I attach it.

Thank you for your attention and effort in advance !!!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
I did not find here a place to attach an example file, if there is a possibility tell me where I attach it.

You cannot attach or upload actual files as samples. However, you can post sample data by using XL2BB, and it is the best way of exchanging sample ranges between the board and the Excel application. Helpers can easily transfer the range to Excel instead of trying to create the same structure in a worksheet manually, and also include their mini-sheets in their replies.

An alternative might be uploading your file to some cloud service that you can share, but we don't recommend doing that since it wouldn't be safe to open a file that is downloaded from the Internet.

You can also read the Posting Aids section on the Guidelines help page.

In any condition, please do not share any sensitive data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back