James Greenup

I have several customers. Everyone has her own discount %. When I write a name, I want to find their discount %,calculate the price, round the price up, then to change the discount number. For example if Jane has 10%, the price is 960,after discount it will be 864, but as i will take only with 100$, i need to round it up,it will be 900, so it means that the clear % of discount war (960-900)/900=6,6%, and i want that 10% to be replaced by this 6,6%. And also don't want to get circular referencing error

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
and i want that 10% to be replaced by this 6 said:
I'm unsure if this is what you really want because if Jane ordered the exact same thing(s) later, the discount then would be different. I think you want to compute an "applied discount" to be used for each order. This also eliminates the circular reference problem

Upvote 0
and i want that 10% to be replaced by this 6 said:
I would like the % to round up as well, for example if she had bought 3 times, not to bring the percentage of one (may be 1 was 10 times more expensive), but total percentage of all previous trades rounded up(as price will be rounded up, the % is lower). After again I need what i wanted previously. To use this %,round number and change %. if i add 2 columns and hide them,i can(first will round up the % used price, second will show how many % is used and the begining % will be hidden).
I know that my explanation is very hard to understand,but anyway :)

Upvote 0
Posting a small portion of your spreadsheet including expected results would help clarify.

Upvote 0
Try putting a border around the cells you wish to copy then copy and paste into this site

Upvote 0
Try putting a border around the cells you wish to copy then copy and paste into this site

Namepricediscount averagediscounted pricecell pricecell discount
Jane156010%1,404.00=ROUNDUP(D2,-1)=(B2-E2)/B2

<colgroup><col span="2"><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

this will show

Namepricediscount averagediscounted pricecell pricecell discount
Jane156010%1,404.001,410.009.6%

<colgroup><col span="2"><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

And somewhere is written Jane 10%,it means my 10% is like lookup formula. Now I want this table but without discount average and discounted price. I want only a,b,d,e column. Did i explain better

Upvote 0
Two simple ways to not show the columns C and F

1. Hide them
2. Assuming your data is in sheet1, on a separate sheet in A2 use =SHEET1!A2
in B2=SHEET1!B2
in C2=SHEET1!D2
i
n D2=SHEET1!E2

Upvote 0
You can certainly get rid of column C by incorporating your vlookup in the calculations for column D. Column F is the problematic one as I understand you need the number for future use. If that is the case, the number must be stored somewhere.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back