labl

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. MacOS
  2. Web
Screen-Shot-2022-02-12-at-19-34-59.png

I have 13 slots/cells that can host 30 different values.
Meaning that I have 1.59432E+19 possible combinations.

Is there any way I can find out the highest value of the "Avg Games per week during playoffs" possible?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
i see a picture and i read a question, but i don't see the connection, i have no clue.

Upvote 0
i see a picture and i read a question, but i don't see the connection, i have no clue.
Sorry, maybe I did not explain myself in the best way.
It is quite confusing even to me.

200.gif

Maybe an animated gif will help.

I am trying to find what is the highest number of games I can have in a two-week period.
I would have to manually change the fields on the C collum, I'm trying to find out if there's a way that I can automate excel to find the highest value possible (the red number).

Upvote 0
excel can do the same as you, but at a much higher rate, random clicking and try one-by-one all 1.6E19 possibilities and remember the best. If there is no more information available, your week (even your year) is gone before that solution is found.

Upvote 0
excel can do the same as you, but at a much higher rate, random clicking and try one-by-one all 1.6E19 possibilities and remember the best. If there is no more information available, your week (even your year) is gone before that solution is found.

Yes, and that is the problem. I'm looking for a solution that would find the best-case scenario in a much shorter time frame.

But maybe doing that in excel would be quite tricky?

Maybe running some function/loop in javascript would be an easier solution?

Upvote 0
in any application, if you can help to reduce the possibilities from 1,6E19 to 1K to 1M by smart engineering, thinking, that's the way to go.
And with this kind of problems, a solution is always better then infinite waiting for the best, even if the found solution is only the 10th best.

So, can you describe, for the moment just on paper, in what direction excel must search to eliminate 1E13 to 1E16 stupid possibilities and only check the last 1K to 1M remaining potentials.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back