Find specific value in column then extract data from row, if not found check next cell down

UnderTheArmour

Platform
  1. Mobile
Hi, I'm having trouble extracting data from rows...

I'm trying to tell Excel to look for specific values in column A and then extract data from columns C, D, E, and F from the row the data was found in, IF NOT FOUND move down to the next cell in that column so that I can create lists of the same items with description, as shown in examples of 1. sheet with the data, and 2. how I'm trying to use it to print...

I've been trying with SEARCH, ISNUMBER, FIND, etc.

THX!!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

as shown in examples of 1. sheet with the data, and 2. how I'm trying to use it to print...
Nothing shown:
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Oh, ok. I use a few different systems, so I always like to actually write formula because it seems to work on everything, as often it's sent or shared to a number of people who all use different devices and versions or apps...

For myself, I use a Blackberry phone, both a Samsung and an Apple tablet, a 16 year old Mac and various work computers at different work stations, so we keep them fairly simplistic and write full formula...

The problem I'm having is that the data starts at A9 but on the next page if I start a Search or Find formula at A9 to look for the number 14 to populate my 14s 'box' on the next sheet it works just fine, but when I start my query to find all the 15s in column A Inn sheet 1, it doesn't work unless I start that query in the same row on the second sheet that the 15s start on in the first sheet, but that data constantly changes, and I only need select data from select cells in each row...

I'm not a superstar at this obviously but I hope I'm not too basic to be on this site :(

I'll upload samples...

Upvote 0
write formula because it seems to work on everything
Well, that is not really so. Some versions of Excel have functions that are not available in other versions, so helpers really need to know what version(s) a solution needs to work in to offer the best suggestion. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back