Find the maximum of a cell on multiple sheets and print the name associated with that sheet even if one of the sheets has a "blank" maximum.

slim6y

Board Regular
I have several sheets that have a value of a crypto currency on each sheet and I am trying to find the max value and then print the name of the coin with that maximum value. But if one of the values of F5 is empty on any sheet the formula won't pick up the maximum or any of the LARGE placings behind. How can I get the formula (below) to ignore an empty F5?

In the cells I am trying to print the name:

=INDEX(FILTERXML("<a><b>"&TEXTJOIN("</b><b>",,ADA:XRP!A5)&"</b></a>","//b"),MATCH(1,FREQUENCY(MAX(ADA:XRP!F5),ADA:XRP!F5),0))

There are several sheets in between ADA and XRP and A5 has the name of the coin associated.

In previous efforts, this has worked by moving the affected sheet out of the range of ADA:XRP. But in this case now, the max comes up as the next highest in the sheet to the left of the maximum if one of the sheets has a blank F5. I tried the same with LARGE (2) and the same issue.

How do I fix this?

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back