Find values based on the same SKU on two different sheets

Ovisele

Hey All,

I am trying to compare two sheets, based on the same SKU and a condition (SKU to be deleted) and return only the results that are complying to the rule.

The idea is the following:
1. All the products are in the 17k products sheet
2. In the 12k products sheet are the products that were successfully imported in Wordpress
3. The 12k products sheet has in column G a "delete" indication
4. I want to compare the two sheets and return only the products that were not imported and has not to be deleted (basically, the rest of the values that I need to import).

The file is here: Work File Products.xlsx

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance,
O.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Where do you want to return the products that were not imported?
has not to be deleted (basically, the rest of the values that I need to import).
Can you explain in more detail what you mean by this statement using a few examples from your data?

Upvote 0
Where do you want to return the products that were not imported?

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by this statement using a few examples from your data?
Yes, it might seems a bit unclear, sorry for that.

If the results can be returned in a different sheet, it will be great.

Coming back to the details.

Basically, I want to take each SKU from 17k products sheet and check if it's present in the SKU column on the 12k products sheet.

If the SKU from 17K products is not present in the 12k products sheet, it means that it was not successfully imported and I want it to be copied in the new sheet.

If the SKU from 17K products is present in the 12k products sheet, but it is marked as to be deleted in the column G in the 12k sheet product, I do not want the record copied in the new sheet.

Makes more sense now? Thanks!

Upvote 0
If the SKU from 17K products is present in the 12k products sheet, but it is marked as to be deleted in the column G in the 12k sheet product, I do not want the record copied in the new sheet.
Why would you want it copied to the new sheet in any case since you said that you only want it copied if it doesn't exist in the 12k products sheet?

Upvote 0
Why would you want it copied to the new sheet in any case since you said that you only want it copied if it doesn't exist in the 12k products sheet?
Not necessarily copied elsewhere but identify those values. They could be highlighted, sorted, etc. I have no particular preference.

Upvote 0
In which sheet do you want to highlight the row?

Upvote 0
It looks like you have duplicate SKU's in the 12K sheet. Is this correct? Could there also be duplicate SKU's in the 1&K sheet?

Upvote 0
In which sheet do you want to highlight the row?
In the 17k products, as there will be all the recordings that were not imported in the first batch. If my reasoning is valid, at this time, all the SKUs in the 12k products should be already present in the 17k products sheet.

Upvote 0
It looks like you have duplicate SKU's in the 12K sheet. Is this correct? Could there also be duplicate SKU's in the 1&K sheet?
Yes, I am aware. There are 17 values out of 12199. You can ignore/delete those SKUs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back