Find values in columns that may change

PCRIDE

How do I search a pre-defined pivot table with Month names as headers, then the pivot table has 2 values Cost and Quantity so when these are in the Values field in the Pivot table and I have let's say 4 months selected in the year, the first 4 columns will be Cost, the next 4 will be Quantity. I need to pull the values out of these columns for the Month and or Quantity. The challenge here is if the pivot table changes and more months are added, the first 6 columns will be Cost, the next 6 will be quantity. This could go up to 24 months of data.

On my dashboard I use Drop Downs to choose the Account Name, then sumifs to pull in the data. I can't reference an absolute cell as they can change at any time. I need like a complex index match formula? I have other cells that give me Current Month, previous month, 3 months ago etc.. so based on that I can use these as look ups and find the month that is displayed.

In addition my pivot table has multiple rows, Account Name, SubItems. I've concatenated these into one column as a helper field. to make it easier.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
The end result is a dashboard that will display let's say 6 months at time, the month labels can be the look up months.

"Find the month, for the account chosen and give me the price and /or quantity.

Lh32Vji

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back