find within workbook using macro

nachiketdp

Board Regular
Hi,
I wanted to encode finding a particular string within the whole workbook. I tried to record it using macro recorder but I didn't get the desired code i.e. whatever code I got finds it only within the worksheet.
I tried searching it on excel vba help but it seems that the find mehod is restricted at worksheet level.
Actually this seems a little tough to digest as there doesn't seems to be any reason for disabling any option in macros which is available while doing it manually.
Any kind of inputs from you to help me find within workbook using macro will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nachiket Pendharkar.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

erik.van.geit

MrExcel MVP
Hi,

You will need to loop through your worksheets.

Code:
For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
Next ws
If you need more help it could be good to post the code you are using for the single sheet.

kind regards,
Erik

nachiketdp

Board Regular
Hi Erik,
Yeah looping is always an alternative(which, in fact, what i have used in my macro). But it definitely will be much faster to find it once and for all, across all worksheets, that was my obejctive.

Thanks anyway for your time,
Regards,
Nachiket Pendharkar

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreedySheedy

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...