finding a 3 NUMBER SEQUENCE, And displaying which rows it occurs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urrme

Hello, I'm trying to find out how to list which rows a number sequence occurs, in Column A, in a simple way, that doesn't make me search through a massive column in a workbook. I just want to see the rows it occurs in, without having to go down to those rows.

The number sequence to find is 11,21,31.
I am using =COUNTIFS(A1:A10000,11,A2:A10001,21,A3:A10002,31) but I want to modify it to show which rows the sequence happens in not just how many times.

I have searched Google, and couldn't find a solution

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Seems to be...

Rule #12:
Do not post duplicate questions. Posts of a duplicate nature will be deleted or locked. All related follow-ups, be they further related questions or clarifications, should be posted back to the original thread.

We advise you not to 'bump' (reply to) your own posts too quickly after posting, unless you are posting some sort of clarification. Since bumped threads have replies, they will no longer appear in the "Zero Reply Posts" listing, which many members use to look for unanswered questions. If you do bump, limit it to no more than once every day. Remember that your best helper may be asleep on the other side of the world.

Upvote 0
The issue here isn't whether anyone knows an answer. The issue is that it is a duplicate thread in violation of the forum rules. Thread closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back