Finding and Replacing Linked Data

howard

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I Have a spreadsheet that has linked Data. I need to replace the following data DSUM(Auto.usedvehicles!A:J,10,'Summ Tot Stocks'!I1:I2)/2
i.e Auto with for eg Nissan, but when using Find and replace I cannot get it to work

Your assistance will be most appreciated

Howard

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Howard

I see no reason why that shouldn't work - can you post the exact formula you wish to end up with from the starting formula you have already given above. Thanks.

Richard

Upvote 0
My Excel is hanging at the moment due to simulation so I can't test, but isn't there an option on Find&Replace that allows/disallows change in formula?

Upvote 0
Hi Richard

I have copied the starting formula and ending formula below

DCOUNT([Auto.Usedvehicles.xls]Auto.usedvehicles!A:J,2,'[Auto.Usedvehicles.xls]Summ Tot Stocks'!I1:I2)

I wanted Auto replaced with Nissan

DSUM([Nissan.usedvehicles]Nissan.usedvehicles!A:J,10,'Summ Tot Stocks'!I1:I2)

Howard

Upvote 0
Howard

Your ending formula appears to have changed function compared to the starting one (ie DSUM rather than DCOUNT) and it appears to have lost the extension of the file referenced in the first argument (ie .xls). Does the ending formula you posted actually work in your spreadsheet? That's the one I'm after.

Richard

Upvote 0
Hi Richard

The final copy after renaming should be the second linked file

I have a liked formula 1) DSUM(Auto.usedvehicles!A:J,10,'Summ Tot Stocks'!I1:I2) in a worksheet named auto. which I then copy into another workfile named Nissan. It then changes to DSUM([Auto.Usedvehicles.xls]Auto.usedvehicles! A:J,10,'[Auto.Usedvehicles.xls]Summ Tot Stocks'!I1:I2) after coping. I need Auto renamed to say Nissan and the file to look like this below after renaming

If you still need further info, please provide me with your email address and I will email you my files.

Howard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back