Finding Difference Between Two Times

TAPS_MikeDion

Hello,

I have been trying without any luck to find the time difference (Sun - Sat, employee start & finish times) between two columns of times, but the finish time may go into the next day. I found a post here that I thought might work, but VBA MOD is apparently different from Excel MOD.

I merely have columns starting as "SUN Start Time", "SUN Finish Time", "MON Start Time", "MON Finish Time", and so on until "SAT Finish Time" and need to find the time difference between each days start and finish in order to combine them and find the total hours worked in a week.

If needed, the columns go from "AO" (col # 41) to "BB" (col # 54)

Thanks to whomever jumps in on this to help!

TAPS_MikeDion

This is what I needed to do once the numerical value of the difference in hours per day was calculated:

Code:
   'Budget is pre-set in another column
   'PayRate is pre-set in another column
   'MPay = Monthly Pay
   'MPayout = string of the monthly pay so I can set the format
   'of the string to show in the label on the PayrollInformationForm

HrsWorked = Sunday + Monday + Tuesday + Wednesday + Thursday + Friday + Saturday
   MPay = (HrsWorked * PayRate) * 4.3
   MPayout = CStr(MPay)

If MPay > MBudget Then PayrollInformationForm.MonthlyPay.ForeColor = vbRed

MPayout = Format(MPayout, "$###,###.00")
   PayrollInformationForm.MonthlyPay = MPayout

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...