Finding external links

timkunde

Hi,

in the excel file I am working on (and that I took over from somebody else) there obviously are some connections to other Excel files via a research function.
So, I am being asked each time I open the file, if I want to update those values.
But I don't, because I actually don't need information from external sources anymore and I would like to delete all references.

I flipped through the pages of the file, but I just can't find those references. Can I get Excel to show or to list all external references, so I am able to delete them?

Thanks

Tim

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
OK, guys! I downloaded the Add-in and extracted it, but I can't find the Add-In as a menu in my excel file.
How do I get it to work?

Do I have to save the Add-In to a certain place?

Thanks

Tim

Upvote 0
If you have installed the addin correctly you should open your tools menu and select addins. Scroll down the list of addins and make sure the findlink addin is checked

Upvote 0
Most, if not all, of your add-ins will be in the Microsoft library directory:

C:Program FilesMicrosoftOfficeLibrary

In Excel, open a workbook, go to the Tools menu, select Add-ins, scroll down until you find the relevant add-in, click its check box to activate it, then OK. If you can't see it listed, click the browse button and locate it (I think if the add-in is in the Library directory it will be automatically listed). Even if listed, you still have to activate it by clicking its checkbox, then OK.

Regards,

Mike
This message was edited by Ekim on 2002-08-29 14:06

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back