Finding Lowest 5 numbers in a range

onthegreen03

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi - I have numbers in cells A8:A65 and I am looking for a formula that will return the lowest 5 numbers in that range. I tried this formula but it did not work: =SMALL($A$8:$A$65, ROWS(BE$45:BE45)). Cell BE45 is where I want the first result to land, then I will drag that formula down 4 more rows. What am I doing wrong? I should mention that some of the cells in A8:A65 can be blank so I'd want the formula to ignore the blanks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
How about in BE45
Excel Formula:
=SMALL(A8:A65,SEQUENCE(5))
but clear the cells below of any formula.

Upvote 0
Solution
That did not work. It returned a zero, and the remaining rows filled in with 1, 2, 3, 4. A little bit more background in case it matters. In cells A8:A65 I have a ranking formula which references YTD sales by account in another column (AC). In that YTD sales column a "#N/A" will populate if no sales, so to get the rank formula to work I went with this formula: =IF(ISNA($AC8),"",COUNTIF($AC$8:$AC$65,">"&$AC8+1)). The ranking formula appears to be working, if there are sales it ranks them, and if there are "#N/A"'s in leaves that cell blank.

Upvote 0
It returned a zero, and the remaining rows filled in with 1, 2, 3, 4.
Considering the formula you have in Col A, that's exactly what I would expect you to get (assuming no ties), 0 to 4 will be the 5 lowest numbers.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I want the lowest ranked numbers, in this case the highest numbers in the range. Sorry about the confusion there.

Upvote 0
In that case just swap Small for Large.

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back