Finding match using indirect to find workbook and tab name

Cooki

Board Regular
Hi All bit of a complicated one to explain, so bare with me.

There are two workbook lets call them Book1 and Book2, i need to find if there are match's(multiple criteria)

Each Book has a tab called Tab1, Book1 has more columns on then Book2, but the columns never change place.

On Book2 i need to see if there are matches in Book1 on Tab1 using multiple criteria

At the top of Book2 i have i have the file name of Book1 and the Tab name Tab1, so i can use indirect to find these long as the Book1 is open at the same time.

I want to see if Book2 can match A1,B1,C1,D1 from Book1, they all have to match to get a result of Match

Ive got this far so far with the formula : =if(countif(indirect("'["&$F$1&"]"&$E$1&"'!")$E:$E,A2),"Match","No Match")

I get an error when i push enter, im sure im on the right track, just cant think.

If anyone could help would be much appriciated and if it dont make sense please say and ill try explain in a diff way

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Figured it out

=IF(AND(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'["&$F$1&"]"&$E$1&"'!$E:$E"),A6),COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'["&$F$1&"]"&$E$1&"'!$G:$G"),B6)),"Match","No Match")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back