FINDING NUMBERS IN A TABLE

MakSSS

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi ALL!
I’m Mark. I’m new on this forum. Thank you very much to possibility of registration. This is my first post over here. I am student and I am writing my final work. I have a big and serious technical problem. Maybe some of you will be able to help me.
I show results of my measurements in tables. Measurement series: S1-S12. Measurement locations: M1-M11.

TABLE LEGEND:
X
- The X marks are measured values. The results of my measurements (KNOWN VALUES)
GREEN (KNOWN VALUES) - In green cells with numbers from 1 to 6 there are results of analytical calculations from previous series of measurements.
RED (VALUES TO PREDICT) - In red cells with letters from A to F are results of current calculations.

I noticed that results of analytical calculations agreed with measured values. High correlation of the results of analytical calculations and measurements

Below I am sending files with tables of results of my measurements. For illustrative purposes, the tables contain the numbers that I would like to find, i.e. numbers marked in red (red cells). I am also sending pictures with marked my problem.

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
In each measurement table, I know only values and position of the numbers marked in green (green cells), i.e.: the results marked in green (green cells) e.g. from November 17, 2022, are: 4,2; 6,0; 10,0; 22,2; 24,2; 38,1.
I would like to find the numbers in the cells marked in red (unknown numbers) i.e.: measurement table marked in red (red cells), e.g. from November 17, 2022, are 10,0; 17,2; 19,5; 34,7; 41,3; 46,2. Determining the values marked in red (unknown numbers) requires a lot of analytical calculations. I noticed after performing analytical calculations that each time the analytically calculated values (red cells) are consistent with the measured values (red cells in the measurement table). I would like to find all the numbers (red cells measurement table) in without doing analytical calculations.

MY PROBLEM:
I need a smart formula/function that would compare the values of numbers in the vicinity of numbers in green cells. The numbers I am looking for in the measurement table (numbers in red cells) are always in the immediate vicinity of known numbers (numbers in green cells). Searched numbers always occur several times in the vicinity of known numbers (numbers in green cells).

Example1:
know green 38,1 ( - unknown red 19,5
know green 6,0 - unknown red 19,5 etc.

Example2:
know green 38,1 - unknown red 46,2
know green 24,2 - unknown red 46,2 etc.

Example: see the example for the known number 38.1 - picture EX_1_17_11_2022.jpg and EX_1_17_11_2022_CONNECTION.jpg.

I meant neighboring cells, which means that the known numbers (marked in green cells in the measurement table) are always next to the searched numbers (marked in red cells in the measurement table). I marked this fact in the screenshot - blue circles.

How to find all variants of numbers in red cells when I know position numbers in green cells in table ??. And then extract only those numbers that are repeated with known numbers (e.g. the searched number 19.5 is in the vicinity of know green 38.1 and know green 6.0 ect.)
What's the easiest way to do it?

Regards
Mark

Attachments

• TAB3.jpg
    TAB3.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
OTHER EXAMPLES

Attachments

• EX_1_17_11_2022_2.jpg
    EX_1_17_11_2022_2.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 5
  • EX_1_17_11_2022_CONNECTION2.jpg
    EX_1_17_11_2022_CONNECTION2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back