Finding the min numbers whilst meeting specific conditions

NVIC1009

HI there I was wondering if someone can help me. I am working on a project that is incredibly hard to test, therefore we decided to come up with a simplified problem to take the first steps in resolving our problems. My problem is that I can't solve this simple problem using maths in excel so was wondering if someone can help me.

What I am trying to achieve is the smallest $ value minimum investment without breaching any of my set conditions.

I have 2 investments, Investment 1 and Investment 2
Each of these investments have 2 conditions, Bucket A and Bucket B of which they have to contain a value in between the minimum and maximum of these buckets. I am trying to minimize the amount of money invested in each investment whilst meeting the conditions of each bucket.

inv 1
inv 2
Min. Investment
$1,000
x
y

Min
$ Value
Max
Bucket A
10%
x
50%
Bucket B
40%
y
90%

<tbody>
</tbody>

So based on an overall investment of $1,000 you can see that the minimum investment for Inv 1 is $100 and the maximum investment is $500, similarly for Inv 2 the min. is $400 and the max is $900.

Using a mathematical equation in excel, can anyone please tell me how i can get to $1,000 investment, using the smallest allocation to each investment. Note the investment for Inv1 and Inv2 cannot be below their minimum or above their maximums. Hope this makes sense and someone is able to help me with an excel equation.

Many thanks for your assistance.
Nina

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back