Finding VB on new Surface 2...

chazrab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Just bought it yesterday. Has Excel installed, but message comes up at top that (1) ActiveX controls are not supported, plus (2) I cannot find the VB editor - when I right click a tab(there is no menu item that says "View code") like there is on my larger laptop. (3) Drop down combo boxes are disabled, etc. I can't use this tablet if I don't have access to VB and can't write code. If I can access VB, how do I do it. Already have Developer tab on menu, but it does not show any references to VB menus.
Thanks for anyone's help.
cr

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
alt+F11 does not bring up the vb editor - have been on the phone w ms support for both Office 2013 and Surface 2 - Surface 2's from Best Buy come with a very rudimentary version of Office - NOT Office 365's full blown version which is what my 6 GB ram laptop that runs this spreadsheet and all of it's macro code very well does - so it may be that installing Office 365 on a Surface 2 will give access to all vb code and the editor - only one problem as said earlier - Surface 2's will not load Office 365 - - but new Surface 3's will - nice marketing hook by Microsoft (sorry if I sound cynical, but this is kinda frustrating!) - and guess what else - Surface 2's at BB sell for $350 - new Surface 3's sell for $999 here ! (same 4 gb memory). So, to use my spreadsheet and utilize all of it's macro and vb features, I have to spend more than 3x what I paid for a Surface 2 - (these prices are at Best Buys in the Houston, Tx area)
Anybody can jump in and comment here - I'd be real surprised if anyone out there has a Surface 2 that runs an Office 365 version of Excel with complicated macros and underlying vb code ...
Thanks, Weaver and all...
cr, Kingwood, Tx

Upvote 0
Surface Pro 2 supports vba, Surface 2 doesn't.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back