Delaselva

I want to put a flash picture carousel to act as a menu inside a worksheet. To acomplish that i need to embed the flash carousel inside the worksheet which is easy using a SHOCKWAVE FLASH CONTROL. Once the movie is inserted you could scroll the pictures with the mouse and supose you scroll to the third picture. Then you swich to DESIGN MODE, rit click the frame where the movie is inserted and select PROPERTIES. It displays a window with some properties. One of these properties is FRAMENUM and you will notice that it have 3 as value. That means that in any way excel does now wich picture is selected in the carousel. Supose the pictures are ten pictures of ten diferent products. If you were able to READ the value of the FRAMENUM property In a CELL of the worksheet you could use that number to retrieve the information (description,price, stock, etc) of the product you selected in the picture carousel using a simple index formula. HOW COULD I PUT THE VALUE OF THE FRAMENUM PROPERTY IN A CELL OF THE WORKSHEET IN REAL TIME ?

If you are able to read that property you could make a very atractive interfase for your custom aplications and dashboards.

The reverse could be usefull too.... If you could LINK in any way the framenum to the value of a cell you could show some graphics or pictures in a very atractive way depending on the value of a cell.

IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME PLEASE WRITE TO ME jorgediaz@grupovelutini.com

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Have you tried getting the FRAMENUM property?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back