Fleet management.

Mikew1977

How would I be able to have excel recognize lof (lube oil filter) , amongst other words in a cell, and then have it copy the date from a cell and the mileage from a cell, to another worksheet?. I have tried but can't get it to work. Any ideas? Please. Thanks
my boss is waiting for a solution so I don't have to do it on paper any more!
All of the figure's are in one row 7

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I can't get anything to work. I'm using a Android tablet with excel mobile.

Mikew1977,

In my reply #3, I did ask you:

1. What version of Excel, and, Windows are you using?

2. Are you using a PC or a Mac?

But, you did not respond.

In the future when asking for help you should include in your new threads I'm using a Android tablet with excel mobile.

This way, only those people that have experience with an Android tablet, and, Excel Mobile, will try to assist you.

Click on the Reply to Thread button, and just put the word BUMP in the thread. Then, click on the Post Quick Reply button, and someone else will assist you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update: OP didn't originally mention that he's using Excel for an Android Tablet.

in cell A7 if lof is present then i need the data in cells A7 & C7 to be copied to Sheet( Truck Oil Change Hstory )

Unfortunately, your format doesn't lend itself to reporting easily. It would be better (but more cumbersome for end-users) to enter each service on its own row (just like you see it in a service ticket). Then you could simply use a Pivot Table to summarize.

Additionally, non-desktop versions of Excel aren't going to support VBA, so automating this is out.

I'd recommend setting this up in the Excel Web App as a Survey. That way users only need to enter vehicle details once, and you can list Service 1-xx as dropdown lists, and a price for each. The survey data feeds into a hidden Excel workbook online, which you can then download and summarize.

In your case everything from Vehicle # to Vendor Invoice Number would be single entries, then Service 1/Price 1, Service 2/Price 2, etc.

Upvote 0
How would I be able to have excel recognize lof (lube oil filter) , amongst other words in a cell, and then have it copy the date from a cell and the mileage from a cell, to another worksheet?. I have tried but can't get it to work. Any ideas? Please. Thanks
my boss is waiting for a solution so I don't have to do it on paper any more!
All of the figure's are in one row 7

Bump

Upvote 0
Mikew1977,

The formulae supplied by L. Howard, in reply #9, work correctly.

Are the screenshots in reply #9 not correct?

If the screenshots are not correct, then can we see the screenshots of the actual worksheets?

See reply #2 at the next link, if you want to show small samples.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html#post2507729

Or, you can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), and provide us with a link to your workbook:

https://dropbox.com

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back