Floating Toolbar won't go away !

Tinsel

I have dragged the fill colour toolbar onto my spreadsheet to make it a floating toolbar but it will not now close down. There is no cross at the top right hand corner and if I go into customise, it is faded out, thereby not allowing me to switch it off.

I have closed out of excel and gone back in again and it is still there. How can i get rid of it ?!!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
That makes no difference as when you drag the floating toolbar back up to the top, it doesn't become part of any other toolbar, it is still a separate toolbar in its own window.

Upvote 0
Have you tried clicking on the down arrow to the right of the varying toolbar format groups (where, if youo hover, it reads, "Toolbar Options"? You should be able to click on that arrow, hover through the menus and unselect Fill Color.

Upvote 0
Tried that already but Fill Colour is in the list of toolbars but is faded out so that you can't desselect it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back