Focus issue with data validation cell

JeddyR

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been beating at this all day. Have a data validation cell, say C13, and the validation data on a different sheet. Everything is pretty much working, it can search the array just fine, except if I click in the C13 and enter a couple letters to search, the pull down does nothing. But, if I click to another cell, and then back to C13, I can pull down the arrow and see the appropriate filtered results. I made other simplified test cases and works fine. Difference here, perhaps, is I have a clear macro using "Selection.ClearContents" to clear C13 along with other fields. I am also using "Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)" on that C13 cell and using VBA to fill some other fields from that array when a data base selection is chosen (that part seems to work also). It's just the focus issue on C13 that has my dander up. Thanks for reading.
Jed

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
I finally figured it out....problem was (as suspected) an idiot at the keyboard. I had the validation cell set up as an 'input' format. Dooh!

Upvote 0
Above, I did not figured out correct answer as style. I tricked myself. Turned out to be the type of protection, had to save protection in VBA with DrawingObjects = False. When I realized it was the protection, though I had the 'cell' protection unlocked, I found the answer in short order.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back