FOLLOW PATTERN FOR DATA ENTRY

samsilverman

Board Regular
I have a workbook with several worksheets. Each worksheet has up to 100 pages. Some information on these pages is already prefilled for the client.

There are then several cells in which new data needs to be put into every 3 months or so and I'm wondering if a pattern can be established through VBA coding or otherwise so that when it comes time to enter this new data, I hit enter it will simply go to the next cell needing input, instead of me having to move to the next cell with my mouse or laptop mouse pad.

If possible, I would want this pattern to be followed.

C16-30, then E16-30, then L14, L16, L17, then L23-27, then B39

The pattern would then pick up 47 rows down for each subsequent page and follow the same exact sequence. The next page being as follows...

C63-C77, then E63-E77, then L61, L63, L64, then L70-L74, then B86

This pattern would continue by hitting the enter key. If I want to break the pattern, I want to simply use my mouse and click on a cell to enter data there. If it is a cell within the pattern, clicking enter would then go to the next cell in the pattern.

I need it to follow this pattern, jumping from one page to the next for as many pages as I might have for a client.

The starting point for every page's pattern would be C16, C63, C110, C157, C204....and so on.

I have other worksheets that I would like to employ this on as well. Those worksheets would have a slightly different pattern and starting cells. But I'm confident once I see the initial VBA coding that I can edit the code to fit that worksheet.

Appreciate any help!!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back