Font Color Won't Change

Tom Joad

Hi- I've had this problem just pop up out of the blue. I'm unable to change font colors in cells. When I highlight the text I want to change and select a color, the color changes to my selection and the font size increases 2 points, but as soon as I click out, it reverts back to black. I only have this problem with one file, other Excel files work ok. I've checked everything I've found on the net including formatting issues but a soloution escapes me. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you...Tom Joad

ExcelQuestion.jpg

Color changes, font size increases, then goes back to black after clicking out. Also returns to original font size.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Have to tried checking Coditional formating? It happens when you copy a cell from another location. If that other location you copied from had conditional formats in place. they would carry here too.

Upvote 0
Have you tried checking Coditional formating? It happens when you copy a cell from another location. If that other location you copied from had conditional formats in place. they would carry here too.

I selected, 'Conditional Formatting/Clear Rules/Clear Rules From Entire Sheet'. I'm assuming that is how you clear any conditional formatting. It had no effect on my problem, however. My issue effects all cells in the entire sheet. Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
Did you ever figure out what is happening here? I am having the EXACT same issue and have tried EVERYTHING. I cleared the Conditional Formatting, I changed the normal style. Does anybody have any other suggestions?? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back