Font Color

komobu

Every year when I do my taxes, I take last years excel tax work sheet and copy it. Then I take all dollar values and change the font to red. This way I know they are last year values that havent yet been updated. When I type in the current values for this year, I want the font to be black. This way I know what has been updated and what hasnt.

The problem is excel makes it difficult to change the font color and I think there must be an easier way or a work around. Let me describe it like this...

Last Years donations were 7695. (in red font)
This years donations were 8100. I enter 8100 and the font remains red. I now have to click out side the cell, then click back into the cell, then click the black font button to change the 8100 value to black.

When I do my taxes, I must have over 300 cells that have to be changed from red to black. That is a lot of clicking from out of the cell, back into the cell, and then the black font.

Is there a way that no matter what the cell font color currently is, when I type in a value in it will be in black font?

Thanks for any help

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
You could highlight all the cells and create an on condition that if value >0 then font = black , background = white.

Upvote 0
You could highlight all the cells and create an on condition that if value >0 then font = black , background = white.

Then since last year values are greater than 0, wouldnt they turn back to black? I want them in red so I know they are last year values and not current.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back