Footer in Excel

eciraje

How can we put file name with ITS Complete path in footer.. I tried but can only put the file name.. Not the path.. any solutions FRiends??

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Sorry Anno
I am new to VBA could you please tell me step by step.. where do i find the Module??
Thanks

Upvote 0
Posted: 2002-09-19 17:41
I am new to VBA

um... me too. but i think if you just turn on the macro recorder (tools menu>macros>record new macro), follow the directions for naming, etc, then turn off the recorder again, press alt+f11 and paste the code in to the macro you have created, it should work. i really should do some reading on this stuff one day...
hth
anno

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-19 18:01, eciraje wrote:
Hi Again
I tried But this did not worked..

hmm, let's see... sorry about this - vba's not really my bag. from looking at the vba editor, the default is to record the macro in 'sheet 1', which you'll see if you look at the icons in the area called 'project - vba project' on the top left of the screen. i think you'll have to cut and paste the code to the 'this workbook' page. i'm really guessing here though - the vba heads on this board are probably rolling 'round the floor laughing by now...
anno

Upvote 0
Welcome

Press ALT & F11 to open the VBA screen. On the left hand side there should be a screen titled Project-VBAProject.
If this is not visible select view, Project Explorer or CRT R You will see a heading VBAProject followed by your file name in brackets.
Expand this and expand the folder Microsoft Excel Objects. You will see all your sheets and "ThisWorkbook"
Double click on ThisWorkbook it will open a screen to place your code. Or right click and select view code

This is where you need to place the macro suggested. It is a workbook event macro.

There are two drop down boxes at the top of this screen. Select the first one and it will show the options (general) and Workbook. Select Workbook. In the second dropdown box you will see a list of events that you can add code to make things happen.

Each sheet also has similar dropdown boxes of events that can be coded.

Next select insert, Module this will create a blank module where you will place the macros you write or macros that you record using the macro recorder.

Best advice I can give you is Play the recorder it is a great learning tool. Read the help files, and use the object browser it is one of the buttons on your VBA toolbar. search the archives here for help there is tons of knowledge if you look for it. And keep posting if you are stuck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back