For Each Statement

jdoiron

I am using this "for each" statement to calculate a value in a new column. It works on some test data that I created in a new sheet but does not work in the intended application. I am pulling data from the first and fourth rows back from column O and multiplying them and then dividing the product by 100. This calculation should populate column O with data if there are values in the pull columns.

Dim Rng As Range
Dim c As Range
Set Rng = Range("O2:O" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row)
For Each c In Rng
c.Value = c.Offset(0, -1).Value * c.Offset(0, -4).Value / 100
Next c

the formatting did not hold due to the window size but you can get the idea of the formula. Any ideas as to why this does not work?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Howdy.

What goes wrong exactly? The code seems to work with no problem on some sample data in a test file. Can you give us any more detail?

Upvote 0
The debuuger refers me to the line

c.value = c.offset(0,-1) etc etc

I tried seperating the code into its own sub and calling it from the previous sub but that did not work. I got it to work on some test data as well but it will not work where I want it to.

The only thing that I can think of is that the columns I am pulling the data from is being copied and pasted into the active sheet and then the calculation is being made. I could try to perform the calculation in the original sheet and then copy it into the new one but I would prefer to do it in the new sheet if possible.

The debugger is giving me a "run time error 13" type mismatch error

Upvote 0
Your formula may be trying to multiply a test string from either column N or K (-1 and -4 columns from column O). Here's a modified version (if that's whats going on):

Code:
Set Rng = Range("O2:O" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row)
For Each c In Rng

If IsNumeric(c.Offset(0, -1).Value) = True And IsNumeric(c.Offset(0, -4).Value) = True Then
        c.Value = c.Offset(0, -1).Value * c.Offset(0, -4).Value / 100
    Else
        c.Value = 0
    End If

Next c

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back