For the love of god turn off security warning *for my own macros that I wrote myself*

glastonbury

Office Version
  1. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
Ferchrissakes what person needs to be warned that a macro THAT THEY PERSONALLY WROTE THEMSELVES might have a virus? I do get Excel to turn off the pointless douchey warnings about getting viruses from your own macros? I never used to get them. For that matter if it's "usually safe to disable macros", as the aggressively threatening warning message says, then there's no point in even having the whole security system in the first place because having all macros enabled all the time is *also* usually safe. In other words it's going to be "usually" safe either way so then no one ever needs disable any macros ever. I'm just saying that's the logical onsequence of Microsoft's warning system.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
How would like Excel to know which macros YOU PERSONALLY WROTE YOURSELF?

One option is to self-sign certificates for your own files.
Another is to go to security options and identify your folder locations with your own files as safe.

The forum does allow posts to be edited for a time window. There is an "Edit" link at the bottom of your post. If you don't see it, maybe it is not enabled until have a certain number of posts.

Upvote 0
How would like Excel to know which macros YOU PERSONALLY WROTE YOURSELF?
Not sure what the big mystery is here: a box that you can check that that says "I wrote this macro myself" or words to that effect. But I can't find anything along those lines and that's why I asked.

Another is to go to security options and identify your folder locations with your own files as safe.
Where is that?

The forum does allow posts to be edited for a time window. There is an "Edit" link at the bottom of your post. If you don't see it, maybe it is not enabled until have a certain number of posts.
Must be the latter because I tried within 5 seconds of posting.

Upvote 0
Not sure what the big mystery is here: a box that you can check that that says "I wrote this macro myself" or words to that effect. But I can't find anything along those lines and that's why I asked.
There is nothing like that. The closest thing to that is creating a self-signed certificate, for use on your own machine.

Where is that?
I don't know where it is in versions that are 20 years old, but in more recent versions it is Options, Trust Center, Trusted Locations.
Capture.JPG

Must be the latter because I tried within 5 seconds of posting.
I see it at the bottom of all my posts. Not sure what you have to do to qualify.

Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back