Force Users to answer survey questions

MrGJEB

I am putting together a simple feedback survey. I have a list of questions/statements that the user has to score from 1-5. (example: Rate the level of customer service you recieved).

I have used option buttons to represent the numbers 1-5 and these are linked to cells in a hidden sheet and are in a group box so that the user can only select 1 score for each question/statement.

When the questionnaire is completed the user clicks on a command button at the bottom which emails the workbook back to me.

My query is, how do i ensure that the user answers every questions, (ie, selects 1-5 for every statement). Is there any code i could andd to the command button that ensures at least 1 option button from each group box has been selected before sending the email.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I am putting together a simple feedback survey. I have a list of questions/statements that the user has to score from 1-5. (example: Rate the level of customer service you recieved).

I have used option buttons to represent the numbers 1-5 and these are linked to cells in a hidden sheet and are in a group box so that the user can only select 1 score for each question/statement.

When the questionnaire is completed the user clicks on a command button at the bottom which emails the workbook back to me.

My query is, how do i ensure that the user answers every questions, (ie, selects 1-5 for every statement). Is there any code i could andd to the command button that ensures at least 1 option button from each group box has been selected before sending the email.

Thanks

you say you have the option buttons linked to a workbook, sum the number of responses in another cell. when the user clicks the submit button, check if that cell's value is 5. if it is less, msgbox "try again". if not, proceed.

Upvote 0
You might want to look into using a separate program to conduct a survey. With it being so difficult to get responses to surveys, you don't want to take any chances. There are websites out there that allow you to create surveys for free. Most of these websites also have a pay option if you want to access some of there more powerful features but from that sound of it, the free versions would be fine.

A few examples are surveymonkey.com, formsite.com, and zoomerang.com Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back