Forced save

ChrisUK

Hi,

We have a problem at work using Excel 2003. For some reason intermittently if we make a change to a workbook Excel insists we save it before we are allowed to close it.

A dialog box pops up and you get asked the question "Would you like to save this" and three buttons appear - Yes, No and Cancel but the No button is greyed out!!

Its easy to get round I know, save it as book1 and then delete it ... but one day someone will accidently press the yes button and destroy the workbook! I'm sure there is a simple enough fix, but what is it?

Anyone out there seen this before and know of a solution?

Thanks

Chris

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hi Chris,

You would be able to stop this with a macro in the BeforeSave event, but are there any circumstances when you do want to save it, because if so, you would need to program in what these circumstances are, otherwise you would never be able to save it.

Regards

ColinKJ

Upvote 0
Thanks Colin.

I should have clarified, this is happening on more than one workbook.

Whilst I can see its possible to do this using a macro it doesn't make it right. The problem still exists and I don't see why. The question is do you want to save? which implies you should be able to answer yes or no at least not just yes. I can't help feel there is a reason for this, some registry entry maybe a local config file perhaps ...

Chris

Upvote 0
Hi Chris,

Sorry Chris, as you say, if it's with more than just the one WB it must be a setting.

I can't help, but I'm sure someone on this site who can.

Is there anyone out who can help Chris !!!!!

ColinKJ

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutchie_1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back