Forecasting Accuracy Model

SuperJay182

Hi all,

First time posting so apologies if I'm not overly clear.

I've been set a task that is bending my brain a little bit -

The document has 3 tabs - Historical Calls, Forecast Calls, Accuracy

-Historical Calls - actual data
-Forecast Calls - historical data which is either like for like, or daily total/ % share of that time interval
-Accuracy - historical / forecast %

What I need to do is, first let forecast be calculated based on the data I have in the actuals & sums behind it, but for that forecast to be then 'locked in' 3-month intervals with the data I have, regardless of if I continue to add new actual data.

Essentially we need to use the actuals to fuel the forecast, but then be able to measure the accuracy of this (without additional data constantly updating the forecast)

Currently, if I add any new actual data, it updates the forecasts I've already calculated

The only solution I've got so far is one the forecast is originally generated, copy and paste the values over the top as figures removing the formula.... which is a workaround but not a long-term solution.

-Is there a simple tweak to the formulas behind the forecasts to stop them updating once calculated?

Thanks for any help! Sorry if this doesn't make sense - I'm having trouble making sense of the issue, to begin with!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

cerfani

You can use a change event to paste values when a formula updates a value it will call the event

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annep833

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...